The Basic Life Support Training (BLS) Course is now required for all NYPD police officers. The BLS Course provides hands-on training in CPR for victims of all ages, proper use of an AED, and best practices for what to do during a medical emergency.
The Basic Life Support Class is offered by Nurse Jackie Chapman RN, Certified BLS/CPR/AED instructor at Bsafe with over 40+ years experience. Classes are held weekly at B Safe, located at 6700 3rd Avenue, in the heart of South Brooklyn. Our location is an official training center for the American Heart Association!
Upon successful class completion at Bsafe, students will be issued their cards
- 10% for 4 or more as a group
- 15% for 6 or more as a group
Basic Life Support (BLS) Course Objectives
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilation using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multi rescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multi rescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants