The NYC DOB 16 Hour Rigging Worker Course is a requirement for an individual who is not employed by a licensed rigger to perform rigging or signaling work in conjunction with the hoisting or lowering of articles on the outside of a building with hoisting equipment. In lieu of completing this course, an individual may instead possess a department approved national rigging certification.
NYC.DOB Requirement: To perform rigging or signaling work in conjunction with the hoisting or lowering of articles on the outside of a building with hoisting equipment, an individual must either (i) complete this course, (ii) possess a department approved national rigging certification, or (iii) be employed by a licensed rigger.
The DOB 16 Hour Rigging Worker Course is geared for construction foremen, riggers, safety supervisors, rigging inspectors, and personnel in charge of rigging operations not hired directly by a licensed rigger.
This course consists of several different components which include PowerPoint presentations, lecture, real-life case studies, class discussion and hands-on demonstration. We will provide student manuals, hands-on demonstration, and in-class practical exercises.
Certificates will be issued upon course completion.
- 10% for 4 or more as a group
- 15% for 6 or more as a group
DOB 16 Hour Rigging Worker Course Objectives:
- Introduction to Rigging
- Crane & Rigging Accidents
- CFR 29 OSHA 1926 Overview
- NYC Construction Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- Lifting & Lowering Loads
- Ropes, Knots & Hitches Overview
- Rigging Equipment Overview
- Inspection of Ropes & Rigging Equipment
- Crane and Hoisting Machine Overview
- General Principles of Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment & Fall Arrest Systems
- General Construction Site Hazards
- NYC DOB Unsafe Condition (311) Notification Procedure
- NYC DOI/Buildings Integrity Training Contact Information Sheet
- Review all Training Topics
- Written (Multiple Choice) Assessment