Beginning January 1, 2009, a Concrete Safety Manager (CSM) must be designated on all major buildings during the concrete portion of the project. CSMs must have completed a DOB 30 Hour Concrete Safety Manager Course approved by the Buildings Department within the 5 years before registration. This course consists of several different components which include PowerPoint presentations, lecture, real-life case studies, class discussion, and hands-on demonstration.
Certificates issued upon course completion. We also offer the best OSHA 10 hour training in NYC.
- 10% for 4 or more as a group
- 15% for 6 or more as a group
BSafe DOB 30 Hour Concrete Safety Manager Course Objectives:
Learn the 2008 NYC Construction Codes, Building Code Chapter 33 §3310.9.1 Concrete Safety Manager; Local Law 40-2008 and Title 1 of Rules of the City of New York – Section 3310-02 Concrete Safety Managers. Review of the American Concrete Institute (ACI) Publications including ACI 318 Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete.
- Introduction to Concrete Safety Management
- Concrete Construction Site Accidents
- NYC Concrete Safety Manager Certification Requirements
- Chapter 19 Concrete
- OSHA 1926 Overview
- NYC Codes Overview
- NYC Department of Buildings Overview
- NYC Department of Transportation (DOT)
- BC Chapter 1
- BC Chapter 33
- BC Chapter 35
- NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)
- Concrete Construction & Stripping Operations
- Concrete Inspection Operations
- Rigging, Scaffold, Hoisting, Lift, & Crane Operations
- Site Safety Plan Requirements for Concrete
- Safety Protocols for Concrete
- Jobsite Concrete Safety Violations
- Safe Use of Concrete Tools on the Jobsite
- Reoccurring Jobsite Concrete Safety Problems
- Jobsite Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
- NYC Buildings Unsafe Condition (311) Notification Procedure
- NYC/DOI Buildings Integrity Training Contact Information Sheet
- Review all Training Topics
- Final Exam
We also offer the OSHA 10 hour construction class.