The NYC DOB 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User Course is required by the DOB. Chapter 33 of the New York City Building Code requires anyone who works on a supported scaﬀold to complete an initial 4-hour User course and then an approved 4-hour User Refresher Course every 4 years.
This course consists of several different components which include PowerPoint presentations, lectures, real-life case studies, class discussions and hands-on demonstrations. We will provide a student manual which will include Section 3314 on Scaffolds of the Building Code.
Certificates issued upon course completion and cards will be mailed to the address used when you registered for your class.
- 10% for 4 or more as a group
- 15% for 6 or more as a group
DOB 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User Course Objectives:
- Provide students with knowledge of scaﬀold hazards, fall protection, and safe work practices.
- Identify the types, nomenclature, and definitions of a scaffold.
- List and identify the different types of fall protection needed when working on a scaffold.
- Recognize the permit requirements needed in order to comply with Chapter 33 of the Building Code.
- Describe and identify common supported scaffold hazards.
- Classify the Federal and City scaffold regulations.
- Apply safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision- making.