The NYC.DOB 8 Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Course is a renewal requirement for the holder of a NYC Department of Buildings Site Safety Manager or Site Safety Coordinator Certificate; this course is also a Registration requirement for Construction Superintendents.
The course consists of several different components which include powerpoint presentations, lecture, real-life case studies, class discussion and hands-on demonstration. Certificates will be issued upon course completion.
- 10% for 4 or more as a group
- 15% for 6 or more as a group
DOB 8 Hour Site Safety Manager Refresher Course Objectives:
- Evaluate the difference between the OSHA standards and Chapter 33 of the New York City (NYC) Building Code (BC)
- Identify Jobsite Safety Violations
- Identify the differences between the 2008 and 2014 NYC BC and to which projects they are applicable
- Navigate the N Y C Department of Buildings website to stay current with Building Codes, New York City Rules, Bulletins, and applications
- Identify types of Site Safety Management
- Apply safe work practices at their construction sites based on prudent decision- making
- Outline the reasons for NYC’s safety rules on concrete projects