This NYC.DOB REQUIRED OSHA 8 Hour Confined Space Awareness Course will teach the hazards that exist when entering and working in a confined space that are capable of causing injury, illness and death. When working around a confined space it is necessary to be aware of the dangers that exist in and around the confined space area.
Upon successful class completion of this OSHA safety course, students will be issued their cards.
- 10% for 4 or more as a group
- 15% for 6 or more as a group
OSHA 8 Hour Confined Space Awareness Course Objectives:
Upon completion of Confined Space Awareness training, the student will be familiar with:
- 29 CFR 1910.146(g)
- Identify types of hazards in confined spaces Procedures to follow before entering a confined space
- Define the terms oxygen deficiency versus oxygen enrichment
- Recognize the concept of lower and upper flammable limits Isolation, inserting and special procedures to enter a confined space
- Identify confined space hazards, such as hydrogen sulfide and carbon monoxide toxins
- General duties of the Attendant, Entrant, and Supervisor
- Define the difference between non-permit and permit entry confined spaces
- Describe the importance of following confined space rescue procedures